It’s vacation time! So what do you do when you’re on the beach for a few days and you’re just dying to get you WOD on? Here’s a few to keep things interesting that require little or no equipment…
1) 15 minute AMRAP of an ascending ladder of
- Air Squats
- Push ups
Get as many rounds as you can in, adding one rep of each movement per round…
2) 7 minutes of Burpees! Because who doesn’t like doing burpees in the sand?
3) Peer to Peer sprints! 30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds walk (ok, you may need a watch for that one)
4) If you can swim well, go for an ocean swim, it’s not the same as pool swimming.
5) With a partner (because who goes to the beach alone?) 5 rounds for time of
- Partner carry @ 100 ft.
- 25 squats each (at the same time)
- Partner carry @ 100 ft (the other person carrying this time)
- 25 sit ups each
If you are really dedicated, and just brought a jump rope and/or a kettlebell you could do..
- Double Unders
- Kettlebell Swings100 KB Snatches for time
7) 100 KB Snatches for time
8) FGB Style:
- Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
- Push ups
- Turkish Get ups
- Jumping Squats
- Overhead Walking Lunges
9) And finally, to get a bit creative, find some big pieces of drift wood, and overhead squat it just for fun. Make sure to take a picture…
There you go. That’s a whole weeks worth of VacayWODs with minimal equipment but maximum people looking at you all funny on the beach.